This is one of the easiest cheeses to make and will change your vegan life! Everyone misses cheese when they turn vegan but there are so many simple recipes for non-dairy cheese nowadays that you don’t have to fret! This is one of my go-to’s. We probably make this cheese about once a week in my house. We throw it on everything from crackers and bread to soups and salads. It melts in your mouth and has the texture of a slightly firmer cream cheese. In fact you can spread this on a bagel and wow! Magic! Try it out and see for yourself. XO
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup soaked raw cashews (at least 3 hours)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 TBL. fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBL. Agar agar powder
- ½ cup boiling water
- Blend first 5 ingredients in a high powered blender for about 45 seconds or until smooth.
- Bring a 1/2 cup water to a boil and then mix in the agar agar until it dissolves and thickens up (about 2 minutes)
- Add this mixture to the cashews in the blender and blend again for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the cashew cream into small cheesecake tins (about 4-5 inches in diameter) and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- This cheese is great to eat with crackers, bread, fruit or mixed in your pasta!