Having trouble sleeping? Try these simple tips and start getting sleep that will leave you refreshed and full of energy in the morning.
1. Try to go to sleep at the same time every night and wake up at the same time. Even on the weekends!!
2. Keep your room cool. 65-68 degrees is ideal. In order to fall asleep and maintain sleep we need to decrease our core body temperature. Also keep your room dark.
3. Don’t eat for 3 hours before you go to sleep. Your body needs this time to regenerate and restore itself.
4. Commit to at least 7 hours of sleep. 7-9 hours is best if possible.
5. Leave all phones and computers out of the room! In fact, keep all electronics out of the bedroom and turn them off by 9pm. Try reading a book before you go to bed or take a warm bath with Epsom Salt and Nourishment’s DEEP SLEEP OIL. http://nourishmentnow.com/products/
6. If you exercise during the day it will help you sleep better. Try yoga! It calms the nervous system. Legs up the wall is a great pose to do if you have insomnia.
7. Cut the caffeine. This will interrupt your sleep cycle even if you have it in the morning. I know. I know. Easier said than done, but give it a try!
8. If you have trouble falling asleep try natural remedies such as magnesium, calcium or herbs such as chamomile or valerian root.