1. Gratitude Journal– this can be super simple, don’t let it be intimidating! Maybe you just write ONE thing you’re grateful for each day for a week, then work your way up slowly. When I’m too busy to get paper/pen I’ll text my husband with 5 things I’m grateful for that day. Hearing his list makes me double as grateful!
2. Keep the phones/computers off. Even if it’s only for 10 minutes each morning before you start your day. If you live alone, maybe that means you go straight outside in nature for a quick walk or you make and enjoy a cup of tea. If you live with kids, you make a nice breakfast or play in their room for a bit before taking a peek at the outside world. This is just a way to say to yourself “my time is not just valuable, but sacred.”
3. Green Smoothie- my day feels “off” if I don’t have a green smoothie. I like to have it for breakfast because it’s a) better for the digestion system to start with liquid and b) sets the tone for the whole day. Eating well for the first meal/thinking positively/honoring the best you are all ways to set yourself up for an amazing day.
My favorite morning smoothie is:
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 handfuls ice
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 C frozen blueberries
- 1 TBS. Green Dream powder (my product with amazing superfoods-hemp, spirulina, chia seeds, maca, mesquite, tocos)
- 1 TBS. raw almond or cashew butter
- 1/2 TBS. organic coconut oil
- 1 handful spinach
- 2 kale leaves, de-stemmed
- 1 tsp. fresh vanilla pod powder or 1 tsp. vanilla organic extract
Sophie Jaffe is a certified Raw Food Nutritionist and Raw Food Chef. She’s a member of the Yoga Alliance as an advanced teacher, and is certified by the National Academy of Sports Medicine as a personal trainer. After managing a raw foods store in Hollywood which specialized in creating group cleanses, she became dissatisfied with the “one size fits all” model of detox regimens and branched off to create her own company, Philosophie. She has created several Superfood Products for use in super-charging every meal, and two convenient, effective Quick Cleanses that can be delivered anywhere and utilized easily.
She lives in Los Angeles with her husband, Adi, an addiction research specialist, their two beautiful boys, Kai and Leo. There’s nothing she loves more than being with her family, exploring in nature, eating beautiful foods, practicing yoga, and inspiring others to their greatest health and joy. Philosophie is not just about amazing wellness tools that can change your life; it’s about the heart and support that Sophie extends to every client in her quest to spread the bliss of optimum health.