I have to say this is the yummiest dairy free milk I’ve made yet. I am a huge coconut lover and I could barely keep this in the fridge for more than one day. Actually I could have gulped the entire glass jar in one sitting, but I didn’t. I thought I should save some for the morning. 🙂 Now, it’s 11am and it’s gone and I ran to the store so I could make more. Needless to say, you must try this!
- 1 1/2 cups organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 1/2-4 cups filtered water
- 1 tsp. vanilla (preferably from a vanilla bean) or extract if you don't have the bean
- 3-4 dates pitted
- pinch of sea salt
- Place all ingredients into your blender and process until the coconut is smooth. It takes about 1 and a half to 2 minutes. Strain coconut pulp through a nut milk bag over a large bowl. The pour the coconut milk into a glass jar and store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. (If you can keep it that long!)
- Store the pulp in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and use in your smoothies. Deeelish!