Cold and flu season is upon us. If you happen to get struck with the “bug” here are a few DIY home remedies to help ease the pain.
2. Hydrate! Flush out the toxins!
3. Epsom Salt baths with Cold and Flu Essential oil (www.nourishmentnow.com/products)- Pour 2-4 cups of Epsom Salt to help relieve the aches and pains and add in about 10 drops of Cold and Flu oil to open up your sinuses and relieve your cough. After the bath rub the oils on your spine and chest before bed.
4. Ginger shots-1oz. I know this will be intense but it’s worth the benefits!
5. If weather permits get at least 15 minutes of sunshine (a.k.a. Vitamin D) on your face. Vitamin D is a great immune booster.
6. Change your toothbrush.
7. Miso soup- it’s very healing. Drink throughout the day.
8. Apple cider vinegar- 1 TBS. in 8 oz. of water. This is great for sore throats!
9. Sleep! Make sure to rest as much as possible.
10. Ask for help. If you live alone or even if you have a family don’t be afraid to ask for help. It makes a world of difference!