Want to feel fabulous in 2017? Here are some easy tips for a healthy new year. They are simple and straightforward suggestions that anyone can add into their lives. Even if you incorporate a few of them at a time it will help you move towards wellness and better health.
2. More greens! More greens! More greens! Juicing your greens is a great way to pack in the nutrients.
3. 30 minutes of exercise daily! Walking, swimming, hiking, yoga, dancing. Any movement is better than none!
4. 15 minutes of sunshine! This is the BEST form of Vitamin D!
5. Deep breathing! This will de-stress you anytime of the day. Stop. Inhale. Hold. Exhale. Feel your stress melt away?
6. Take quiet time every day. Contemplate life. Reflect. Pray. Have gratitude.
7. Hydrate!! (and I don’t mean with any liquid! )Drink 8 glasses of water. You technically are supposed to drink half of your body weight in ounces, so if you weigh 140 lbs. then you should drink 70 ounces of water or 9 glasses. Drink up!
8. Chew. Your. Food. Eat slowly. Eat mindfully. Be mindful of your portions too. Digestion begins in your mouth.
9. Smile and laugh! Laughter is the best medicine. It reduces stress, helps with depression, boosts your immunity and it is contagious! 🙂
10. Get your zzzz’s. Sleep is a time for your body to regenerate. It’s a good idea to keep good sleeps habits. Try to go to bed at the same time every night. No food for 2-3 hours prior to sleep will help your slumber be peaceful. Also, stay off the computer and your phones and away from the TV for at least an hour before you drift off.
Have a Happy and Healthy New Year!